ACE Inhibitors may increase hypotension (HoTN). Symptoms of HoTN include:
- blurred vision;
- dizziness or lightheadedness;
- fatigue; and
Avoid in patients with late-stage dementia.
- List of medications that may cause hypotension created by the TaperMD Team. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Antihypertensive Medications and Serious Fall Injuries in a Nationally Representative Sample of Older Adults (JAMA Internal Medicine).
- Blood pressure pills ‘raise risk of fatal fall’ (The Telegraph).
- Exploring the enablers and barriers to implementing the Medication Appropriateness Tool for Comorbid Health conditions during Dementia (MATCH-D) criteria in Australia: a qualitative study. BMJ Open